How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I did not trade on the demo and very sorry about it. It seemed to me that I know everything and will definitely get a profit. I thought I was holding the Holy Grail and I was going to make a lot of money. But I lost my first trading account very quickly.
Many weaknesses are realized when we go to live trading . On demo traders feel they can deal with trading easily but they are not master yet. trading with investment is a sensitive issue we feel many difficulties specially in market analysis and finding the right time to enter the market. If sped some months on demo to learn all details it will easy to trade on real accounts. then losses can be minimized.

I did trading on demo for 2 months then I was very excited to do trading on a live account. I face many difficulties that I never realized to learn on these aspects while trading on a demo. I started again demo to learn al that was ignored. In my view demo trading is must it should be for that period until you not get knowledge all about trading and learn management on it.

My first experience in forex is so bad, I am trading on real account without sufficient practice in demo account and eventually faced margin call only three day trading, but now I am learning demo more than six months, and with real trading account experience now profit and loss is common thing in trading, just need to manage both

My first experience in forex is so bad, I am trading on real account without sufficient practice in demo account and eventually faced margin call only three day trading, but now I am learning demo more than six months, and with real trading account experience now profit and loss is common thing in trading, just need to manage both
6 months are way more than enough for demo and you have to practice in real account with lowest lot size. In demo account, you cannot practice emotions that will be real in live market and you will face trouble again when you shift to real account.

6 months are way more than enough for demo and you have to practice in real account with lowest lot size. In demo account, you cannot practice emotions that will be real in live market and you will face trouble again when you shift to real account.
Indeed slightly different between demo and real account, this is about psychology, in a real account as a trader will sad if get loss trades and sometimes too much happy when get profit trading, with long-time experience trading in real account, getting lost is something usual in trading, this is part on forex trading.

When I first started trading there were no demo's lol The Market was your teacher. You opened account and got your feet wet. To this day I believe those were my most valuable lessons.

it's totally depends on your skills and knowledge regarding Forex trading. Minimum time that all newbie should spend with demo account is 6 months or less. When you realize that now you are able to reduce loss rate and can increase your profit then move from demo account to live.

it's totally depends on your skills and knowledge regarding Forex trading. Minimum time that all newbie should spend with demo account is 6 months or less. When you realize that now you are able to reduce loss rate and can increase your profit then move from demo account to live.

What is guarantee that after 6 months, it will be fine. You can never fix demo account duration. Demo is just to understand the basic functions of Mt4 terminal. You will be good only by practicing in real market as it involves emotions and those will kill you if you don't practice in real account.

What is guarantee that after 6 months, it will be fine. You can never fix demo account duration. Demo is just to understand the basic functions of Mt4 terminal. You will be good only by practicing in real market as it involves emotions and those will kill you if you don't practice in real account.
Yes, you are right. No one can do best practice with demo account. It's better to start with real account just start with demo trading account. Get to know about basic tips and tricks rather than directly start with real account. Another advantage of using demo account is decrease amount of lose. No guarantee that after 6 months if will be fine... it's totally depends on yourself.

Back