GUILTY Case# 2015-064 | kangon vs lionstone.co.uk

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Lionstone.co.uk is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 77 98.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to hear your troubles Kangon.
From what I can tell from looking at their website, there isn't any mention of being regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the uk, it mentions "Lionstone Investment Services Ltd. is a British company, registered (Registration No.07002287) and legally recognized which conducts its business in compliance with all the norms and regulations of the British legal code." Not sure if that is the same as FCA regulation??
To me it looks more like an office branch of the company is based there. On the website when you click on "Important Information" and scroll down to;

Limit of Sales by Jurisdiction
Services and products of Lionstone Investment Services Ltd. are not offered in the United Kingdom, European Union, Canada, Australia and the United States of America or in any judicially defined subjects of the aforementioned countries. If you are a resident or citizen of these countries, you must not regard any communication, including e-mails, advertisements and telephone calls, as attempts of attracting you to sign a client agreement with Lionstone Investment Services Ltd.

On a further search I find www.loinstone.ru which states in the fine print at the bottom of home page "British broker Lionstone Investment Services LTD operates in Russia and the CIS since 2009, providing its customers with comfortable support in the market Forex,
You are protected by UK legislation: country jurisdiction Lionstone - UK, the company operates in accordance with British financial legislation all cash transactions are made by major banks Barclays and HSBC England transactions overlap in time-tested partner banks CitiBank, UBS, Deutschebank. Lionstone - the most transparent Forex-Broker in Eastern Europe according to the Global Banking & Finance Review"

It is difficult to tell under what jurisdiction they are regulated if any, if it is UK then I do not see any reason why they could withhold your withdrawal, should be reported to the FCA anyway if you do not receive you funds. Since they are ignoring you for so long, I can only draw one conclusion, and find them guilty.

Its just another uk companies house scam firm, of course brokerage as investment firms are to be FCA authorized (or by other EU regulator)
Lionstone Capital used to be FCA until 2009 , I suppose this might be a so called clone. Bank wire recovery, really not easy. Most of the times some PSP firms accounts, will transfer funds instantly to unknown destinations.
Its just unbelievable scam.

first contacted 02/23/15, the last contact was on 04/15/15 , what the hell?tow months without withdrawal and also without response,super Guilty.

first contacted 02/23/15, the last contact was on 04/15/15 , what the hell?tow months without withdrawal and also without response,super Guilty.

I sincerely hope you and your friend Terry are two well off guys that wont feel too much of an impact of that lost money. The verdict is certainly guilty, unfortunately.

GUILTY!
They have failed to comply with their own Terms and Conditions. There's a lack of communication regarding withdrawals.
This case should be reported to the Financial Ombudsman in UK and local police offices ASAP.

Back