GUILTY Case# 2015-064 | kangon vs lionstone.co.uk

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Lionstone.co.uk is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 77 98.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To start: report this online to the National Fraud and Cyber Crime reporting center of the UK as a financial crime here:
Reporting a fraud - Three things you need to know | Action Fraud

Here is the link to file a complaint with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK:
How to complain - Financial Conduct Authority

Here is the link to the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK, they may be able to assist in the recovery of your funds, free of charge:
Financial Ombudsman Service: Banking, Insurance & Pensions Ombudsman UK

Also contact your bank and request a trace of the wire to the actual activity where the funds were wired, and then contact that financial entity directly. Keep investigating until you have all the information ready to assist those with the proper authority to adjudicate.

I've filed complaint Financial Ombudsman Service, they just said that they've sent a letter to the company and will wait 8 weeks for their reply. So it basically just means that they would do nothing in 8 weeks. And there's no indication of what they can do if the company does not reply after 8 weeks. It seems the regulatory is not powerful at all.

Dear all, really thank you so much for all the information and votes. Unfortunately, my friend and I still cannot receive any money from lionstone and they still do not reply me at all. So far, Financial Ombudsman has done nothing helpful but just asks me to wait for lionstone's reply...

here's the letter from Financial Ombudsman:

"Thank you for getting in touch with the ombudsman – and for sending us your complaint form.

I’ve enclosed a leaflet that explains our role – so do read through and have a look at how we can help. As you can see, before we can take on a complaint, the business involved must have the chance to put things right.

what happens next

I’ve written to the business to let them know you have a complaint. They should contact you soon to tell you they are looking into what’s happened – and to ask for more details if they need them.

If you don’t hear from the business within the next few days, you can contact them using the details below – mentioning that we have already written to them. They should give you their final response to your complaint – in writing – within eight weeks of the date they first received it.

The business’s final response should summarise your complaint and give you their final say. It should also tell you that you can refer your complaint to us if you’re not happy – which you have to do within six months.

Which Ombudsman, the FCA financial Ombudsman will give 8 weeks to the business to respond (Uk)

Check if your Broker is really regulated by the FCA

I hope you guys get your money back!
I'm not sure that the regulatory authorities everybody suggested are governing/controlling, but maybe(considering the amounts of money involved) it might make sense to sue the bastards.

Have a friend call from a different number, pretend to be a big potential investor, and ask.

Since this company has been voted guilty, may I know what FPA can do to follow up?
I have reported fraud to the UK police, got an acknowledgement and then no more updates;
I've complained to FCA, but FCA said this company is not regulated by them.
I've complained to FOS, FOS said the companuy is not regulated by FCA, so FOS can't handle this complaint.

So....can anybody tell me what else I can do? where I can seek help from?? It's hard to believe there's no authority regulating this company at all...

Back