1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 31, Part II. Mechanical System Creation Framework. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Please use this thread for questions, answers, and comments on this lesson.

2. Sazu

Sazu Corporal

Greetings Sive, Just a simple question. Is there really a Bot that actually works and if so who or what is it's name? I have yet to find one that does work and based upon the FPA findings am Leary that one actually does exist!

I have heard all the claims that are being made by the developers and such, but have to this day not found one that produces the results they claim. My background before I got involved in FX was a automated testing engineer for financial software among others. In the years that I have been testing all failed to produce positive results close to what was stated.

Thanks for your great efforts and knowledge.

3. geodepe

geodepe Recruit

Typos:
    "Here our task not",
    "or you will ",
    "follow to your system",
    "as to follow it"

4. Rage

Rage Private

Hello Sive, might I mention that when creating a bot instead of trading it manually or back testing you can use "Print" statements instead of buy or sell statements on bots created in MT4 that will write to Experts logs. Using this it's possible to see how the bot traded on actual data without committing to placing the bot on a demo account. If I may.......to Sazu's question they have a "Automated Trading Championship" whereby bots created compete against each other for overall profitability. Just google "Automated Trading Championship".

5. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

Task not what your country can do for you - task what you can do for your country.

If I ever get caught up on all the other things I do around here, I'll make a second pass through all the FMS lessons to clean them up a little more.

6. Amon Mitch

Amon Mitch Recruit

Dear Sive,

I wanted to code an small EA that does the example in this thread, but I wonder what Oscillator (1;7) is!

7. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

8. Marky$

Marky$ Private, 1st Class

Hi Sive,

I've developed some strategy and backtested it.
    Could you take a look at results and comment them, please.
    It has textbook parameters of Risk/Reward ratio 1:3 and 2% risk per trade.
    I'm worried about Relative drawndown.
    The Win Ratio and Profit Factor aren't impressive. But I've read in some books that they aren't most important. The most important is Expected payoff.
    The results are for one and a half of year back from now. The overall return looks quite good. I've started it in a real time on demo account. If it will work in that way in real time I gonna start it on a live account and look for sweet home on the Caribbean :)

BackTest.

#8 Marky$, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  9. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Marky, looks nice - may be you will place it on real-time testing on FPA site (does FPA now accept demo accounts for trading systems)?